- Tool time
- Group Bike Rides
- To promote and expand the BU cycling community, we organize group bike rides as a way for cyclists to explore Boston by bicycle in a fun, non-competitive, and social setting. All of our group rides promote Healmet wearing, using front and rear lights, and following all the rules of the road.
- We want to encourage cycling as a means of transportation, exercise, and enjoyment, which can be one step towards becoming environmentally aware and self-sustainable.
- Bike safety education is a key part of making BU and Boston community bike friendlier, and we want to do our part to help keep cyclists and their bikes safe.
- Here’s a taste of what BU Bikes has done in the past at BU:
- BUPD Bike Registration Fliers
- Mass Bike Law Safety Fliers
- Helmet Raffle
- Bike-powered smoothies as a demonstration of self sustainability.
- Campus improvements
- There are many ways that BU can make changes on campus that will improve the cycling experience. Topics that we are looking into include additional bike racks, safe/dry bike storage, reducing bike abandoning, outdoor repair stations and more. We want to hear your voice and your opinion on these issues. Come to any of our events and meetings to talk about your own ideas on how to make things better for bikers at BU.
- A place to express our voices as student cyclists.
- BU Bike Safety Committee
- We represent the student body in BU’s initiative to promote bicycle and pedestrian safety.